Friday, April 23, 2010

SuperAmerica!

I saw a commercial last night in which a family of five made an entire meal out of roller dogs, warm pizza, softdrinks and Snickers bars at a SuperAmerica gas station. My mind was blown completely out of my head.i couldn't believe it was real. Imagine my joy, then, when we stopped for gas across the street from a genuine SuperAmerica! "Holy S**t, It IS real," I said to myself. America, F**k yeah!











My only regret? That I didn't sample a SuperAmerica Super Meal myself.

Tonight' show is streaming live at 10pm CST. Milwaukee's Miramar Theater with Hoots and Hellmouth. Check it out: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/liberty-bluegrass-band-live-broadcast


2 comments:

  1. Travis, We were at the show last night. I can only say, "Amazing!" I was so excited when you played the bass solo on Deep E. My husband asked me this morning if I had heard the weather report and I said, "no, not unless the stringdusters give it on their cd's. 'Cause that's all I'm listening to lately." That's funny about the S.A. I've recently discovered Kwik Trips myself, that's good eatin'. Have a great day! Thanks for coming to MN. I'm doing my part to spread the word about you guys here! Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. SuperAmerica's were the most numerous gas stations around when I was growing up (80's and 90's in Central KY). We always referred to them as SuperA's. Years ago the name was formally changed to Speedway but a few relics remain. I still call them SuperA's by habit and get a few weird looks from non-locals whilst doing so.

    ReplyDelete